Jail Addition & Renovation Project
The Building Authority issued a new bond issue in the amount of $5,150,000, with Van Buren County funding a additional amount, to construct an addition and make renovations to the County Jail in downtown Paw Paw. Construction commenced in March of 2017. The General Contractor is Miller-Davis Company of Kalamazoo. Features of the project include:
- A new booking and holding area to comply with current best practices for correctional facilities.
- Expansion and reconfiguration of inmate cells to allow decommissioning of outdated inmate area in the adjacent old jail.
- Updated security system.
- New and replacement roof for the entire jail building.
- Major lighting and electrical upgrades.
- Other modifications to improve staff utilization and efficiency.
This page last updated on 5/17/2017.