Road Construction, Surveying, Traffic Crash Investigation, Traffic Data Collection (Traffic Counts, Crash Data, Speed Studies), Traffic Control Devices & Signing, Materials Testing, Major Projects Inspection (Water, Sewer, Construction) and Road Development are handled through the Road Commission's Engineering Department.
General questions & concerns can be directed to the main office in Lawrence. The hours are 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday
Phone : (269) 674-8011
Questions can also be directed to the individual department heads.
Craig Ericksen, Traffic Services Technician, firstname.lastname@example.org performs functions and services such as:
Joel Hoort, Engineering Technician, email@example.com performs services such as:
• The issuing of permits for working in the right-of-way, driveways & the moving of overwidth & overweight equipment.
• Overseeing the Van Buren County road certification process.
• Assisting in the subdivision and plat certification process.
• Materials quality assurance testing.
• Traffic control devices.
• Construction inspecting for county bridge projects.
Barry Anttila - Highway Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org performs functions at the Road Commission such as:
• Oversees all State and Federal Aid projects.
• Is in charge of roadway design for the Road Commission.
• Manages the Development Review Process.